Monday, April 15, 2013


The traffic system around college campus is not safe for the pedestrians.  A lot of accidents have happened in the past, and everyday people face some type of traffic problems. With this increasing number of traffic accidents, a further step is taken improve the traffic situation near the campus.  People use sidewalks while they’re on their phones and drivers run red lights frequently. As this problem is serious, $100,000 is allocated to spend to improve conditions around the campus. The problem can be solved if we change the traffic system around the campus such as putting more cameras on the signal, redesign the traffic lights, enforce speed limit and build pedestrian walkways. With the help of these solutions and changes this campus would be a safer and more pleasant place to study.
 In this blog I am writing about the traffic situation because this is the problem that bothers many students and pedestrians. The situation that I came up with was to change the traffic system and put more automatic cameras with latest technology because I have seen a lot of cars running the red light causing danger for other pedestrians. The was inspired to write about it because I have personally faced these problems many times. The research I did on this topic was on the new technology such as speed cameras and new signals. It was also based on my observation around LaGuardia campus. Revising my draft and editing the memo definitely helped me a lot where I got rid of unnecessary stuff and repetitive words. The thing that I learn about technical writing through the memo is that you have to be really specific in what your writing about and to see who you’re writing too (audience).


No comments:

Post a Comment